Friday, May 22, 2009

In Memoriam

The boy has left, forever gone.
I watch his monkey sit and mourn.
It licks it’s bloodied balls and sighs
And then tries on some shoes and ties
The boy left him. It combs it’s hair
(whatever’s left), then plays an air
Upon the big, brass, shiny flute
The boy once used to play.

The monkey plays a tune I knew
When creatures of it’s kind were few.
It stops, it looks at me, it winks,
It pours itself some wine and drinks.
The monkey smooths the pinned-on tail
The boy once got him at a sale.
And troubled, kicks away the flute
The boy once used to play.

8 comments:

  1. I don't have an answer to that...sorry :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. why didn't i see that coming x( do you have a name, that you are officially known by?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probe, I pry,
    I wonder why
    And who. I want
    A square reply
    In black and white.
    I can't sit tight:
    I have to see,
    I have to know
    What boils and festers
    Down below...

    All I will say,
    My little one, is:
    solley mata.
    Or rather, sollu mattai..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was not exactly very flattering, but since it is futile, I shall not endeavour to find out "what boils and festers down below" any more. Hmph.

    All your writing is eerily familiar. And fun to read, to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eerily familiar? Should I be flattered?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, O Vile and Vicious one. I have awaited your coming rather long, I think...

    ReplyDelete